No! You are NOT seeing double! LOL! I needed to create a masculine birthday card for my son-in-law, Jon, and my husband’s Uncle Marvin. Their birthdays are on the same day! I don’t know why but I struggle with creating masculine cards. I knew that I wanted to use In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (DSP) but I turned to my Stampin’ Up! 2020-2021 Annual Catalog for some inspiration. WELL . . . on page 122 I found it! Literally! I decided to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) the Note Card “YOU ARE THE BEST” but I wanted it to be a regular card size so I tweaked it and made it my own, so to speak. Some will say they could never create a card because they don’t have the creativity or talent but one of the beauties about creating cards, you can find inspiration in many places and even CASE from someone’s card but always give credit where credit is due! Here is the card I CASEd . . . don’t you just love that TEXTURE!
I just love this card but I absolutely LOVE the texture of ALL the papers in the In Good Taste DSP pack. Click on the product in the table below to see a close up of all the different designs this pack has to offer.
As I mentioned before, this card is a Note Card size so I tweaked it a bit and made it a regular card size. This card uses the Tasteful Touches Bundle, which you save 10% when buying bundles. You can buy the stamp set and die separately but who doesn’t love to bundle for a 10% Discount?!
I couldn’t decide what solid colored cardstock to use so I tried two different colors, Gray Granite and Sarah Sand. I embossed the smaller strip of solid color with the Sublte 3D Embossing Folder. I didn’t have the same embellishments in the CASEd picture so I used what I had on hand, Metallic Pearls which comes with both Silver and Gold (121 pearls in each color). Here’s a close up . . .
- Card Base | Basic White Thick Cardstock 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ | Scored at 4-1/4″
- Solid panel cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″ | Gray Granite or Sarah Sand
- In Good Taste DSP panel 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Solid strip 1″ x 3-1/4″ | Embossed
- Basic White Cardstock for sentiment 1-1/2″ x 3-1/4″| Die cut
- Stamp the little blocks image with VersaMark onto the DSP | Emboss with White Emboss Powder
- Adhere panels onto card base | I used the Tombow Multipurpose Glue
- Stamp sentiment | Early Espresso
- Pop up sentiment label with dimensionals | NOTE: keep them to the left side of label.
- OPTIONAL: add Gold Metallic Pearls | I used five pearls
Click on the product(s) below for details and shop my online store!
- You don’t have to use Basic White Thick Cardstock for your base. You can use just Basic White. Normally if add panels, I don’t use the thicker cardstock but in this case I did for that more masculine feel.
- I added the Neutrals 8-1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock in the product table as it has 20 sheets, 2 each of 10 colors which includes the Sarah Sand and Gray Granite.
- You don’t have to have the embossing folder but I love that extra bit of texture on this card. The card in the catalog uses Tasteful Texture 3D Embossing Folder which you can see HERE. Hummmm . . . why don’t I have that particular embossing folder?! LOL!
DON’T FORGET THAT SALE-A-BRATION IS STILL GOING ON!
For every $50 and $100 you spend (before shipping & tax), you’ll earn an exclusive Sale-A-Bration (SAB) item for FREE! SAB ends February 28 so don’t wait! Shop my Online Store HERE to see all the SAB items!
BE SURE TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe.
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 70% discount on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
If you have any questions, please contact me! Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!