Daisies are my favorite flowers, well . . . one of my favorites because I love so many! When I saw the NEW Cheerful Daisies Bundle in the new catty, I placed it at the top of my wish list. Actually the Fresh As A Daisy Suite Collection made it to the top of the list. Speaking of the new catty, I’m LOVING the NEW 2023-2024 Annual Catalog along with some new and returning colors!
My inspiration for my card is from Freshly Made Sketches #585. It’s been a long time since I’ve done a card challenge. Honestly it’s one of my favorite ways to design my own card! I love taking a layout sketch to get my creative juices flowing! Be sure to check out the other fabulous cards on their website.
Color Palette Technique
Using both the Blending Brush and the NEW Small Blending Brushes, I created my colors for the daises. I used the die that has several daises and leaves that are attached. LOVE IT!
I decided to use Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Mossy Meadow, and Old Olive as my colors. By the way, this is my first time using Blending Brushes and it was so much fun doing this color palette technique! I don’t know if that is the actual name of the technique but that’s what I’m calling it. LOL!
Putting It All Together
The main panel is Crushed Curry and layered with Basic Black strips. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up this panel onto the Basic White card base. Figure out the placement for the die cut to know where to use Mini Glue Dots on the first panel to attach the Vellum panel. Notice that you don’t see any adhesives peering through the Vellum. The glue dots are hidden behind the daisies and the sentiment label. Using the Take Your Pick tool for glue dots is a game changer for many crafters!! All my crafting peeps have this tool. See the Product Table below and check it out for yourself. I use this tool as much as my scissors!
I’ve been wanting to incorporate Vellum into my card making and it worked out perfectly for my card. The panel of Vellum helps to soften the black a bit and lets my flowers take center stage. Speaking of center stage, notice the Gold Wink of Stella in the center of the daisies. I’m sorry to say that Stampin’ Up! doesn’t carry the Gold BUT does have the CLEAR Wink of Stella. You can find the Gold at other crafting stores or on Amazon. It’s one of my most favorite things to use on my cards!
Did you notice the Black Embossing Powder on the sentiment label? Embossing is really so much fun and adds that extra special touch to your sentiment or any stamped image. The sentiment label is popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals as well.
- Basic White Card Base – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ | Score at 4-1/4″ & Inside Panel 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic White – Cheerful Daisies Die 5″ x 3″ & Sentiment Label 1-1/2 ” x 3″
- Crushed Curry Panel – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic Black Strips – 5 strips cut at 4″ x 3-1/4″
- Vellum – 3-3/4″ x 5″
Be Sure To . . .
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel! Not much on there but hey . . . it’s a start!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for awesome discounts on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE MAY HOST CODE 4RXMEETJ when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149.99 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! For orders of $35 or more in products (before shipping/taxes), you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!