It was really fun creating this Halloween card for our granddaughter, Theä! She is six years old and I’ve always called her my little “Pumpkin”. Hopefully she’ll get a smile when she opens her Halloween card, which also has a little SWEET TREAT that’s hidden inside! She is our one and only grandchild and she makes us smile! Which the inside sentiment says just that, “You make me smile!”
Creating the plaid background panel was a real treat because I’ve not done this little technique until now. I enjoyed the process and it’ll take me another time to get it just right. I’ll explain further in the card making details.
My card colors were inspired by a card challenge that I didn’t participate in due to lack of time. My card was done but I just didn’t have enough time to get it posted and linked before the deadline. I’ll still share the Color Challenge 397 image; which is also a link to that particular challenge so you can view the other wonderful cards over at the Paper Craft Crew.
CARD MAKING DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Harvest Hellos & Buffalo Check Cling Stamp Sets
- Base – Pumpkin Pie 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″; Scored at 4-1/4″
- Front Panel – Highland Heather 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Plaid Panel – Whisper White – 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ to make plaid background panel
- Inside panel – Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- WW (2″ x 5/8″) & Highland Heather (2-5/8″ x 3/4″) for punch/die pieces for sentiment.
- Pumpkin Pie & Just Jade pieces for punched pumpkin face/stem and leaf (stamp & fussy cut)
- Ink Pads: Bumblebee & Just Jade & Pumpkin Pie & Jet Black Stazon
- Stampin’ Write Markers: Highland Heather & Just Jade
- Tools: Lovely Labels Pick a Punch, Apple Builder Punch, Stamparatus (or use blocks A, B, D & F), Adhesives – Stampin’ Seal/Tombow Glue/Mini Glue Dots/ Temporary, Bone Folder, Stampin’ Trimmer, Ruler (for adding the plaid lines in the buffalo check).
Using the Stamparatus & Small Grid Paper: Stamp the background stamp onto the grid. Position the WW panel (to create plaid background) with buffalo checks lined up behind it, then place down with a small portion of temporary adhesive to keep in place. Ink up background stamp and stamp image, may need to repeat.
Using Ruler: Create lines with Stampin’ Write Markers using the ruler to make vertical lines and horizontal lines within the buffalo check to create the plaid panel. My vertical lines are Just Jade and my horizontal lines are Highland Heather. I love how it turned out that I have more Highland Heather lines to coordinate with the Highland Heather panel. NOTE: If you don’t have the Stampin’ Write Marker Highland Heather or Just Jade, use Stampin’ Blends which will be in the product table as well. I have the single Stampin’ Write Marker but you have to buy the Stampin’ Write Markers in the color families to get the one marker or better yet, buy the entire set of markers, Many Marvelous Markers and then you’ll also get the case! Refer to my image to see where I’ve placed the lines.
TIP: Be careful not to drag the ink with your ruler as I found out the hard way! Wipe ink from the ruler before using second color then wipe clean when finished.
Assemble: From here just refer back to my card and assemble!
Click on the product(s) below for details and shop my online store!
• I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! Receive a handmade card as a THANK YOU gift that you can either keep or use to send on to someone who needs to receive Happy Mail to brighten their day!
• Please SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe.
• When ordering PLEASE USE my October Host Code EPVDPAU6! Don’t forget to check out the Clearance Rack before submitting your order! You’ll never know what you may find and at a great price!
QUICK LINKS FOR SAVINGS!
- SELECT DESIGNER SERIES PAPER SALE 1-31 October 2020
- There is NO LIMIT to how many packages of DSP you can purchase during this promotion!
- ONLY SELECT DSP are available at the 15% discount.
- Order must be placed and closed during the promotion period (1-31 October) for the 15% discount.
- DSP can be ordered as part of a Starter Kit at 15% discount.
- DSP can be purchased at 15% discount with qualifying Stampin’ Rewards.
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 60% savings!
If you have any questions, please contact me! I appreciate any and all comments but remember to always be kind when critiquing! I would love some SWEET comments! Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!