I LOVE my card but as usual I don’t love my photo! I take lots of different pictures in different locations in my home hoping to get that one shot for my blog post! My problem is the photographer (me) and never enough natural lighting. But hey . . . let’s talk about my card and not my photo! LOL!
To CASE means to Copy and Share Everything but you can definitely tweak it in some manner to make it your own as I have done with my card. I CASEd the same layout in the challenge image and then I chose my stamp set(s) and colors.
- Evening Evergreen cardstock | 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ | Scored at 4-1/4″
- Polished Pink cardstock | 4 x 5-1/4″
- Watercolor Paper* | 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Stamp floral image in StazOn Jet Black utilizing masking technique*
- Use ink pads (see Product Table) and blender pen(s) to watercolor image*
- Stamp sentiment with Polished Pink (lighter color) for HAPPY
- Stamp sentiment with Evening Evergreen (darker color) for birthday
- Adhere watercolor panel to Polished Pink cardstock with Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Adhere to card base using liquid glue or other adhesive
- Add embellishments
I used a retired Watercolor Paper from many years back. I believe I purchased it before Stampin’ Up! came out with the newest ink formula. It is textured as you can tell from my image. I’ll be listing the NEWER Watercolor, which has a subtle texture as well as acid free and archival cotton. I need to also try the Shimmery White cardstock because both perfect for watercoloring! I’ll list it below in Product Table as well.
I recommend using Stampin’ Up!’s Stamparatus for certain stamping projects and this is one of them. Actually most projects, I use my Stamparatus. Why? It allows for precision stamping! Once I stamp the image and decide that I don’t have enough ink coverage, I can re-ink the stamp and stamp the image once again. The Stamparatus is also great when making multiple cards of the same design at one time and especially for mass producing! i.e. Christmas cards
Masking technique simply means to cover part of an image that you don’t want to stamp onto a card. You can use PostIt Notes or scotch tape to name just a couple. I used scotch tape. I use a strip longer than my stamp because I could then stick it down on the Stamparatus plate as well. I was able to use my one strip of tape multiple times until I was finished with my project.
I used my ink pads and Blender Pens to do my watercoloring. I lay the brush tip of the Blender Pen down onto my ink pad to lift color. I suggest using scrap paper to dab off or to test how much color you have on your Blender Pen. Use one end for Reds/Oranges/Yellows and the other end for darker colors. Once done with each color, just swipe back and forth across scrap paper until no more color is visible. I also used my coordinating Stampin’ Write Markers to add a bit more detail to my watercoloring. By the way, you can also use Stampin’ Blend Markers to color images.
Be Sure To:
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 70% discount on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE SEPTEMBER HOST CODE EEVZS2X4 when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
- DON’T FORGET it’s Sale-A-Bration time! See details BELOW!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! For orders of $35 or more in products (before shipping/taxes), you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
If you like what you’ve seen today, please leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
For every $50 and $100 you spend, you’ll earn an exclusive Sale-A-Bration item for free! Depending on the amount you spend, you’ll be able to mix ‘n’ match the Sale-A-Bration items you earn. To see the FREE PRODUCTS click HERE!