I’m excited about the new upcoming annual catalog but anxious if my favorite items will be on the retiring list. One of my favorite stamp sets is Celebrate Sunflowers, which coordinates with the Sunflowers Die Set. LOVE this coordinating set and who doesn’t love sunflowers?! I needed a quick thank you card which then led to me making more cards!
My sunflower card started out as a simple one to show you that even simple can be pretty, but most importantly appreciated by the recipient no matter simplicity or style. Who doesn’t love to be thought of? I know when I receive a card for what ever reason, it brings a smile to my face and makes my heart happy!
The first card I used Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp on Thick Basic White cardstock as the base. DONE! SIMPLE AS THAT! I decided to layer it onto Basic Black cardstock as the card base and added Wink of Stella Clear Glitter to most of the center of the sunflower. (See main photo at top) Anyone who knows me, knows I love to add Wink of Stella Clear Glitter when I can to a card! NOTE: Memento Tuxedo Black is currently unavailable until the week of March 20.
The colored cards I used Stampin’ Blends and Wink of Stella Gold Glitter (SADLY this is retired from Stampin’ Up! but you can buy it on Amazon). I used various Stampin’ Blends to color my sunflowers. Using Stampin’ Blends are so EASY to use. Plus you don’t have to be an artist to use them. I used Bronze and both Dark (DK) and Light (LT) Crumb Cake for the sunflower centers. I’ll list the other colors under each close up picture. My coloring isn’t perfect. In some places I used the Stampin’ Blend Color Lifter (single marker) when I got way out of line. Believe me, my flaws are hardly noticeable on the card.
Cards using Celebrate Sunflowers & Sunflowers Dies:
Be Sure To . . .
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK awesome discounts on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE MARCH HOST CODE 3XXNDDW3 when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149.99 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! For orders of $35 or more in products (before shipping/taxes), you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!