I absolutely LOVE the Celebrate Sunflowers Cling Stamp Set and coordinating die set, Sunflowers Dies! I also LOVE being able to participate in card challenges because of the inspiration they provide. I really do like coming up with my own designs and I’m able to do that when given a sketch and/or elements to incorporate into my cards. The inspiration for my card is from Freshly Made Sketches and The Card Concept card challenge sites.
Look at my close up of my sunflowers! I LOVE Wink of Stella Clear Glitter! I added some sparkle to the inner flower and then brushed outward but without totally covering each sunflower petal. I also embossed my sentiment with white embossing powder.
Inspiration from Card Challenge Sites:
I also pulled in inspiration from The Card Concept challenge site. Not totally sure but I don’t believe I’ve ever participated in this card challenge site. I LOVE their concept inspiration image! I also love that I was able to choose from several concepts from their concept challenge and I chose: Black & White Checked Gingham, Sunflowers with Greenery, and Colors from their inspiration image. #thecardconcept160
- Basic White Cardstock | 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2 | Scored at 4-1/4″
- Pattern Party DSP | 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Watercolor Paper | 5″ x 2-1/4″ | 2 stamped images
- Basic Black Cardstock | Circle Dies or Punches (2-1/2″ Circle Punch) | Sentiment Label 1/2″ x 3-3/4″
- Adhere DSP to card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Garden Green Cardstock | Sunflowers Dies for greenery
- Stamp sunflower using StazOn Jet Black onto Watercolor Paper | I used my Stamparatus
- Using Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad and Blender Pen, color inner sunflower
- Using Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends, color the sunflower petals
- Using Garden Green Classic Stampin’ Pad and Blender Pen, color sunflower leaves
- Die cut the sunflowers and greenery
- Use 2-1/2″ Circle Punch (retired) OR Layering Circles Dies (16 dies) | 2 Basic Black cardstock circles
- Adhere Basic Black cardstock circles to card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Stamp sentiment onto black cardstock using VersaMark | I used my Stamparatus
- Add White Embossing Powder to sentiment | Set using Heat Tool
- Adhere sentiment label to card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Strategically place greenery stems on to black cardstock circles using Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- POP UP the die cut sunflowers LAST using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Apply Wink of Stella Clear Glitter to the inner sunflowers and brush outward onto petals but not fully covering the petals
Be Sure To:
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 70% discount on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE OCTOBER HOST CODE 2RJBA763 when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! For orders of $35 or more in products (before shipping/taxes), you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
If you like what you’ve seen today, please leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
The Peaceful Christmas Paper Pumpkin Kit is your creative kickstart to Christmas cardmaking! With sprinkles of snow, shimmering silver skies, and heartwarming holiday wishes, you’ll have enough elements and embellishments to create 10 Christmas cards and coordinating envelopes.
Speaking of coordination, make even more Christmas magic with Peaceful Place products! Our stunning Peaceful Place Suite Collection (item 156277) pairs perfectly with the kit’s components. Brew a cup of cocoa, snuggle up with a soft blanket, and prepare for a cozy craft night in!