It’s always hard to think about having to make a sympathy card when there has been a loss in ones family. My husband’s aunt recently lost her husband this past week. I believe they’ve been married over 50 years (if my memory serves me right). I had a card already picked out to send that I had made from a Paper Pumpkin Kit, which is a paper craft subscription offered through Stampin’ Up!. I’ll actually be sending that card to my husband’s aunt’s daughter-in-law who just lost her mother two days prior from the COVID-19 virus. You know the saying, “When it rains, it pours!” My heart just breaks for this family!
When making this card, I decided to use a card layout provided by the Paper Craft Crew over at www.papercraftcrew.com. I wasn’t going to participate in this challenge but I decided at the last minute to go ahead and do this post today. I made my card yesterday but I just didn’t have time to get my post done and schedule it to publish over night. So here I am today. Here is the layout called Vertical Sketch Challenge #PCC396:
CARD MAKING DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Lovely You & Celebrate sSunflower Cling Stamp Sets
- Base – Misty Moonlight 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″; Scored at 4-1/4″
- Front Panel – Whisper White 4″ x 5-1/4″; Embossed
- 2 Panels 6″ x 6″ DSP Flowers For Every Season – 3″ x 4-1/4″ each
- WW (2″ x 5/8″) & Misty Moonlight (2-5/8″ x 3/4″) for punch/die pieces
- See Product Table for other items used
I stamped the smaller sunflower twice with my Bumblebee ink pad using the Stamparatus. Before stamping it for the second time for another flower, I wiped the leaves off and used Just Jade Stampin’ Write Marker on the leaves and stamped it once more. I ended up using the Bermuda Bay LT to then color the leaves in which really blended well with the DSP leaves.
I used Bumblebee Stampin’ Write Marker to add color to the flowers in the outer center of the flowers. Then I used the Daffodil Delight DK/LT Stampin’ Blends on out from there to add more color to the flowers. I replicated the center of the sunflowers from the DSP by using the Bronze and Ivory Stampin’ Blends.
For the label, cut 2-5/8” x ¾” Misty Moonlight then add your WW label, which is 2” x 5/8”. Stamp the sentiment using Misty Moonlight ink pad. I actually stamped the sentiment before cutting. I then popped it up with three Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. TIP: I cut another WW label to adhere another layer to the back of the sentiment label to add a bit more depth.
Click on the product(s) below for details and shop my online store!
• I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! Receive a handmade card as a THANK YOU gift that you can either keep or use to send on to someone who needs to receive Happy Mail to brighten their day!
• Please SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe.
• When ordering PLEASE USE my October Host Code EPVDPAU6! Don’t forget to check out the Clearance Rack before submitting your order! You’ll never know what you may find and at a great price!
QUICK LINKS FOR SAVINGS!
- SELECT DESIGNER SERIES PAPER SALE 1-31 October 2020
- There is NO LIMIT to how many packages of DSP you can purchase during this promotion!
- ONLY SELECT DSP are available at the 15% discount.
- Order must be placed and closed during the promotion period (1-31 October) for the 15% discount.
- DSP can be ordered as part of a Starter Kit at 15% discount.
- DSP can be purchased at 15% discount with qualifying Stampin’ Rewards.
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 60% savings!
If you have any questions, please contact me! I appreciate any and all comments but remember to always be kind when critiquing! I would love some SWEET comments! Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
6 thoughts on “Heartfelt Sunflower Sympathy & PCC396”
So pretty!! Thank you so much for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!
Thank you Kim for your SWEET comment! It’s my first time participating with the Paper Craft Crew!
What a sweet card! I’m so glad you could join us at the Paper Craft Crew!
Thank you for your SWEET comment Chris! I was happy to be able to participate and submit my card. I just love this vertical sketch card layout!
Sorry for your loss! I’m sure your Aunt will appreciate this card so much. Lovely card. Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!
Somehow I missed your comment Jan. Thank you for your kind words! I look forward to joining again sometime.