It’s always so very sad when one loses their Fur Baby! For most of us, our Fur Babies are more than just a pet as they are an actual part of our families. In other words, if you are like me . . . your Fur Baby is actually a family member. I have two feline Fur Babies, Sweet Pea and Sky. More to come on my Fur Babies later in this post! Let’s get back to my card first.
I recently became aware of the fact that the “office cat” at The Humane Society of Southeast Missouri’s in house “Queen of the Desk”, named Penny, passed away. Penny was about 8 years old when she came to their shelter and it was decided to keep her as part of their in-house business/family pet. Penny passed away at the age of 16 years old. Any time a Fur Baby passes, the loss is truly with a heavy heart. When I delivered my handmade “heartfelt” card, I also made a donation in Penny’s Memory. The caring people who work at the Humane Society do so much in taking care of these pets until they find their LUVING FUREVER HOMES, it was the least I could do to let them know I shared in their sorrow.
What do you think about my card design? It’s a bit different but all in all, I think I liked how it turned out. All the items used, except for the Gold Faceted Gem in the Sunflower, are current in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. You could use the Gold Glitter Enamel Dots (large) in place of the Gold Faceted Gem.
Since I’ve started back to blogging, I’m going to participate in card challenges once again. Festive Friday Challenge (#festivefridaychallenge) is one that I had just starting participating in when it first started up back in 2018 then I had a major surgery and let’s just say life got in my way. This current challenge is called National Cat Day Challenge: #FF0069. Be sure to head over to Festive Friday to check out all the great cards submitted by others. My three picks from the Inspo List includes: cats, sparkle, clean and simple. I don’t think my “heartfelt” sentiment falls under pet sentiment but the Gold Faceted Gem does have sparkle!
CARD MAKING DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Lovely You & Celebrate Sunflowers Cling Stamp Sets
- Cardstock: Base – WhisperWhite (WW) 8-1/2” x 5-1/2”; Scored at 4-1/4”
- Front Panel – 6” x 6” DSP In Color 2020-2022 – 4” x 5-1/4”
- Second Panel – Whisper White 3-5/8” x 4-7/8”
- WW & Just Jade & Cinnamon Cider for punch/die cuts pieces
- Ink Pads: Cinnamon Cider & BumbleBee (In Color 2020-2022)
- Stampin’ Write Markers: Cinnamon Cider, BumbleBee
- Accessories: Metallic Pearls (Gold), ¼” Gingham Ribbon Bumble Bee, Gold Faceted Gems (retired) so substitute Gold Glitter Enamel Dots
- Tools: Sunflower Dies, Cat Punch, Adhesives – Stampin’ Seal/Tombow Glue/Mini Glue Dots, Bone Folder, Stampin’ Trimmer, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
You can pretty well tell by the image of my card where to place what in my layout. Notice I made the cat collar from the Gingham ribbon. I folded it and then used mini glue dots to hold the ribbon in place on the backside then I added the Gold Metallic Pearls. You don’t have to use Stampin’ Write Markers but I did just to add some extra color to the sunflower. I didn’t have Stampin’ Blends or I would’ve used those to add some depth to the sunflower.
Click on the product(s) below for details and shop my online store!
Now about my two cats, Sweet Pea and Sky! Sweet Pea turned 15 years old this past August. She adopted me when she was about 6 months old. She is a Manx and doesn’t have a tale. She is a one person cat and no one ever sees her as she hides when people enters into our home. I adopted Sky at 3 weeks old after my beautiful mother passed from Ovarian Cancer back on Christmas Eve of 2014. After I came back home from being gone for nearly 5 months, I guess that I needed something else to take care of at that time and/or to fill a HUGE hole in my heart. Sky is my spoiled bottle fed big boy of a male cat and is now 5 1/2 years old. Sky came from Skyview Animal Clinic over in Cape Girardeau, MO. I took Sweet Pea in for her annual checkup and shots and came out with an extra Fur Baby. Needless to say, my hubby was not a happy camper! LOL! Sweet Pea wasn’t too sure about it either but Sky has been a welcomed addition to our lives.
• I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! Receive a handmade card as a THANK YOU gift that you can either keep or use to send on to someone who needs to receive Happy Mail to brighten their day!
• Please SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe.
• When ordering PLEASE USE my October Host Code EPVDPAU6! Don’t forget to check out the Clearance Rack before submitting your order! You’ll never know what you may find and at a great price!
SELECT DESIGNER SERIES PAPER SALE 1-31 October 2020
- There is NO LIMIT to how many packages of DSP you can purchase during this promotion!
- ONLY SELECT DSP are available at the 15% discount.
- Order must be placed and closed during the promotion period (1-31 October) for the 15% discount.
- DSP can be ordered as part of a Starter Kit at 15% discount.
- DSP can be purchased at 15% discount with qualifying Stampin’ Rewards.
If you have any questions, please contact me! I appreciate any and all comments but remember to always be kind when critiquing! I would love some SWEET comments! Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
4 thoughts on “Cat & Sunflower Sympathy & #FF0069”
I love that color combination, and you’ve created a great clean and simple design. Glad to see you join back in the Festive Friday Challenge!
Thank you Melanie for your SWEET comment! You can’t go wrong with the NEW 2020-2022 In Colors. I’m looking forward to participating in future Festive Friday Challenges!
Darling card Tonya! I loved reading about your fur babies.
Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday. Hope you come back again next week!
Thank you Beth for your SWEET comment! I enjoyed participating in the Festive Friday Challenge.