I don’t know why I struggle creating masculine cards, but I do! When I saw the sketch layout over at casethissketch.blogspot.com, I knew I wanted to give this sketch a try. I needed to make a birthday card for my youngest brother who is 11 years younger than myself. He is into hunting so I knew just which stamp set I was going to use, SNOW FRONT. By the way, I have three brothers. I have a twin brother, Tony, then the middle brother, Markus, who is a year younger than the two of us. I always wanted a sister but when Waylon came along, it just really didn’t matter as soon as I saw his little face.
Well back to my card . . . here is the layout sketch for CTS #392. I’ve recently just got back to blogging. When I create a card, I like to have a layout to create by because that really helps me get going, if you know what I mean! I’ve never participated at CAS(E) this Sketch! so this will be my first time.
I will say that with this particular stamp set, you don’t necessarily get a solid stamped image. You’ll see what I mean if you look at the stamp set in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog (AC) or click on the product below. No matter how hard I tried to get my deer on the right to have a more solid stamped image, it just wasn’t going to happen. That’s okay, I still like my end result. And as always, my pictures never do my cards true justice as I’m not that good of a photographer.
CARD MAKING DETAILS
- Card base is 2020-2022 In Color Just Jade 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″; scored at 4-1/4″
- First panel is Whisper White 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Second panel is In Color 2020-2022 Designer Series Paper Just Jade 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Using the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies, create the Early Espresso panel and the Whisper White panel that has the stamped images. There is a trick to make the panels LONGER than the actual die. See the tips below! Notice that I don’t have the stitched look on the ends of the panels. After die cutting the measurements will be as follows: Early Espresso 3-7/8″ x 2-3/16″ and Whisper White 3-7/8″ x 2-5/16″
- The Happy Birthday sentiment is from a retired stamp set, Tin of Cards, but there are other sentiments that you could use in its place. Have fun looking at all the different sentiments that Stampin’ Up! has to offer!
- Classic Stampin’ Pads: Early Espresso, Just Jade, Misty Moonlight
- Embellishment: 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots
- I used the Stamparatus to stamp the images or you can use the suggested clear blocks; B, C, D, E on page 163 in the 2020-2021 AC.
- There is a trick to make the panels LONGER than the actual die. DO NOT run the entire die through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine as to not cut off the end on one side. You can then just trim off one side.
- Lift the die up then align it with the “notches” or “grooves” and continue on to make it longer so that it’ll fit across the card.
- BTW, the die will just naturally sit back into the “notches” or “grooves” of the cardstock that has already been through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
Click on the product(s) below for details and shop my online store!
• I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! Receive a handmade card as a THANK YOU gift that you can either keep or use to send on to someone who needs to receive Happy Mail to brighten their day!
• Please subscribe to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe.
• When ordering PLEASE USE my October Host Code EPVDPAU6! Don’t forget to check out the Clearance Rack before submitting your order! You’ll never know what you may find and at a great price!
SELECT DESIGNER SERIES PAPER SALE 1-31 October 2020
- There is NO LIMIT to how many packages of DSP you can purchase during this promotion!
- ONLY SELECT DSP are available at the 15% discount.
- Order must be placed and closed during the promotion period (1-31 October) for the 15% discount.
- DSP can be ordered as part of a Starter Kit at 15% discount.
- DSP can be purchased at 15% discount with qualifying Stampin’ Rewards.
If you have any questions, please contact me! I appreciate any and all comments but remember to always be kind when critiquing! I would love some SWEET comments! Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!