I’m loving the Fresh As A Daisy Designer Series Paper (DSP)! Speaking of DSP, don’t forget to check out Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Paper Sale on select DSP’s. Click HERE to check out all the details and to see the selected DSP. Once again the inspiration for my card came from Freshly Made Sketches. Check out the current card challenge with a sketch from Jen M #FMS588!
Putting It All Together
Cut the DSP pieces needed. Keeping both together, align corners in your paper trimmer to cut in half. Turn the pieces over and use scotch tape in a couple of places to keep them together. Adhere to the Early Espresso cardstock panel using Multipurpose Glue. Using glue will allow you to maneuver the DSP more easily into place. Next, place onto the Basic White card base using your choice of adhesive.
Take 1/2″ strips of Crushed Curry, Garden Green and Early Espresso cardstock. Leave ample length after placing sentiment down for placement on cardstock. This will allow you to place your magnet down on one end if using a stamping tool. In other words for the Hey Friend sentiment, cut it an inch longer than it needs to be. This also allows you to hold onto the sentiment label when using a Heat Tool. Read more below about embossing below. Once you have the sentiments stamped and embossed, pop ’em up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Embossing the sentiments gives the sentiments a bit more depth, which I LOVE! I used Crushed Curry and Early Espresso Embossing Powders, both are retired. BUT instead of using Versa Mark and then applying embossing powders, you can stamp the sentiments in their colors and add CLEAR Stampin’ Emboss Powder instead. Both ways gives your sentiments a bit more dimension. Lastly, I added some retired Early Espresso Candy Dots. Use whatever DSP and/or embellishments you have in your crafting’ stash to create your own card using Freshly Made Sketches #588 layout! Or you can CASE my card but please give credit where credit is due please! 🙂
- Basic White Card base: 8-½” x 5-½“ | Score 4-¼”
- Early Espresso panel: 3-3/4″ x 4-7/8″
- DSP papers: 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Early Espresso strips: 1/2″ x whatever length needed
I also made an alternate card using the same layout but I had to flip my other half of my DSP as the Daisies needed to be in the correct direction. Leaving my sentiment labels within the bottom triangle shape that is a solid color pattern allows the sentiments to be the main “event” on my card. I started to add a bow made from White Baker’s Twine Essentials Pack and/or some Iridescent Pearls. I decided to just leave it alone and keep it simple.
Here are both cards side by side before I stepped up my card (on the left) for the Freshly Made Sketches card challenge. What do you think?! Leave me a comment even if it’s just to say HELLO! 🙂
Note: If you don’t see the Product Table in your email, visit my blog!
Be Sure To . . .
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel! Not much on there but hey . . . it’s a start!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for awesome discounts on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE JUNE HOST CODE CXJUM6K6 when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149.99 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers so with any amount of order, you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
June 1 – 30 Promotion: If you love pattern paper then you’ll love Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Paper (DSP)! Enjoy 15% savings on select DSP and stock up on your favorites! Click HERE for DETAILS!
Get $155 worth of products for ONLY $99 + free shipping + NO OBLIGATIONS! Did I mention you’ll get a FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit with your Starter Kit?! Click HERE for DETAILS!