It was truly a FUN process creating this card! My original card design took on a whole different look the more I played around with two card challenges from Freshly Made Sketches & Global Design Project. I absolutely love how it turned out! The inspiration for my card design included a card layout sketch and a color challenge.
Putting It All Together
My card base is Basic Black cardstock, layered by a stamped spiral dye panel that I die cut the center to get my spiral dye circle, which is adhered on top of a panel of Basic White cardstock. I love using the Spiral Dye Cling Stamp Set! You can play with so many colors and just have fun creating fun cards! Of course I used the each color in the color challenge for the spiral dye panel. My Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Biggest Wish Photopolymer Stamp Set. There is so much you can do with that set!
Using a stamping tool, I stamped HAPPY in Memento Ink Tuxedo Black. I went on to stamp birthday in the same ink and decided to emboss it. Stamped birthday once again with VersaMark and embossed it with Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder. I love working with embossing powders! It just gives more emphasis to your sentiments.
Well, my HAPPY looked a bit dull compared to my birthday sentiment, so I did the same process. Thank goodness my sentiment stamp is photopolymer! It allowed me to place my stamp back over each Happy. NOTE: I used my Stamparatus stamping tool that is no longer available in the current catalog. I die cut my birthday sentiment from Berry Burst cardstock AFTER I had embossed it. Berry Burst is a returning color in this year’s Color Refresh! Yeah!
Using a retired die cut set, Circles Collection Framelits, I created my circle ring for the card. If you don’t have this die cut set, see what you have in your crafting supplies to come up with a way to get a circle ring created. After I had my circle ring, I adhered it to the Basic White cardstock panel using Multipurpose Glue.
Before continuing further, I adhered the spiral dye panel onto the Basic Black card base using Multipurpose Glue. Then I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up the Basic White card panel that now has the spiral dye circle ring on it. The HAPPY sentiment strip is also popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals, as well as on the right half end side of the birthday sentiment label. So the Basic White panel, the HAPPY sentiment strip, and the Berry Burst birthday sentiment label are ALL popped up.
Once I had everything adhered to the card base, the last thing I added was Basic Black Classic Matte Dots. It needed a little somethin’ somethin’ else. So this is my version of the #FMS589 sketch layout while also using #GDP397 color challenge Berry Burst, Azure Afternoon (NEW COLOR), and Blueberry Bushel. I really love how it all turned out!
If you’ve never used embossing powders, you are definitely missing out! Once you give it a try, you’ll fall in love with the outcome! See how it makes the sentiments stand out! Love it!
- Basic Black card base: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ | scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic White panel: 2 @ 4″ x 5-1/4″ | Panel to be stamped using Spiral Dye Cling Stamp Set | Inside Panel
- Basic White panel: 3-3/4″ x 5″ | card front panel
- Basis White cardstock: 2″ x 5″ | After stamping & embossing HAPPY, cut it down – tight to the words.
- Berry Curst cardstock: 3-1/2″ x 2″ | Birthday sentiment label
Note: If you don’t see the Product Table in your email, visit my blog!
Be Sure To . . .
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel! Not much on there but hey . . . it’s a start!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for awesome discounts on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE JUNE HOST CODE CXJUM6K6 when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149.99 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers so with any amount of order, you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
Please leave me a comment as I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
June 1 – 30 Promotion: If you love pattern paper then you’ll love Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Paper (DSP)! Enjoy 15% savings on select DSP and stock up on your favorites! Click HERE for DETAILS!
Get $155 worth of products for ONLY $99 + free shipping + NO OBLIGATIONS! Did I mention you’ll get a FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit with your Starter Kit?! Click HERE for DETAILS!