Stampin’ Up! products are my absolute favorite to use when creating because of the quality as well as the coordination between products. As a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator I should be using only current products but today’s card is personalized for a very dear relative on my husband’s side of the family. Shirley loves her chickens! I pulled out several of my chicken/rooster stamp sets over the past years and went with Country Morning (AC 2009-2010). Visualize using CURRENT products from Stampin’ Up! that you could use for this awesome layout by Freshly Made Sketches #FMS599! I love this card layout! Imagine all the possibilities for different cards just by simply using this layout! LOVE IT! (If I have time, I’ll make a card using this same layout with current products.)
Putting It All Together
I determined the sizes of cardstock and DSP (Designer Series Paper) needed for this layout. I chose Adventure Bound DSP and Natural White (both retired) and Real Red cardstock. The retired Hexagon Embossing Folder is perfect for replicating chicken wire for the front panel of the card base. I adhered a strip of Real Red cardstock to the top and bottom of the DSP, which looks like dark barn wood. Then I adhered that panel to the front of the card base. I suggest using Multipurpose Glue or Stampin’ Seal adhesives to adhere to the embossed card front.
On to the label panel, the main focal image is stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black since I used Stampin’ Blends to color my image. Not being an expert on coloring chickens, I used various colors! I used Label Love Stamp Set (retire) with its coordinating punch, Artisan Label Punch (both from AC 2013-2014) for my birthday sentiment, which is stamped in Real Red. Something about this birthday sentiment seemed a bit of a country nostalgic look for some reason. Perhaps it’s the distressed looked to the font. Regardless, I really like the way it looks! Adding a bit of Daffodil Delight twine with a simple knot adds a little extra something to the label. I popped up BOTH the label panel and the punched birthday sentiment up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Remember I may have used a lot of retired items for my card today, but FOCUS on the layout and use your own CREATIVITY to make your own card! Although I would love to use products that you’ll ultimately would want to buy, I also love using my retired stash when it comes to making a very personalized birthday card for someone special.
- Card Base: 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ | Scored at 4-1/4″ | Emboss front
- DSP Panel: 3-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Real Red Cardstock Strips: 2 @ 1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Solid Label Panel: 1-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Punched Label: 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″
Note: If you don’t see the Product Table in your email, visit my blog!
Be Sure To . . .
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel! Not much on there but hey . . . it’s a start!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for awesome discounts on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE AUGUST HOST CODE 3FX47T6S when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is LESS than $150 in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers so with any amount of order, you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
Please leave me a comment as I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
Kits Sale: 1-31 August SAVE 30%
August 1 through August 31, SAVE 30% on amazing kits from the Kits Collection by Stampin’ Up!. Kits are Online Exclusive products ONLY and not in any of Stampin’ Up! catalogs. Kits are an easy and economical way to try crafting and great for beginners! Click HERE to learn more about the Kits Collection and to view all kits on sale (excludes Paper Pumpkin).