I love creating SIMPLE cards y’all! I would consider this card as SIMPLE if I had not added embellishments, yet it’s STILL SIMPLE! I could step this card up by adding a layer of Bumblebee cardstock underneath the wood textured DSP (In Good Taste 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper). I hate to point out that I was barely able to fit my calendar onto my die cut from Tasteful Labels Die Set. I will be creating this card again so I will try a different die from my Stitched Rectangles or Stitched So Sweetly Die Sets.
Some people say they aren’t creative, which includes me! Ha! When I want to create a card, I usually know what stamp set and/or DSP I want to use and then I go from there. That’s what I did here. I wanted to use the Days To Remember Photopolymer Stamp Set. Plus with the person in mind that is receiving this card, I knew that I wanted to pull out the ‘barn wood design’ from the In Good Taste DSP. I used a basic layout that I’ve used before for another card.
Using Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon was a no brainer! Then I stamped a flower on top of the 31 in the calendar with Bumblebee Ink Pad (In Color 2020-2022). I hesitated about adding an embellishment in the middle of the flower as it would rather hide the 31 but I threw caution to the wind! LOL! Then I decided to add more embellishments from the Metallic Pearls, which has both Gold and Silver Metallic Pearls. I’ll add two more pictures that I took. I struggle getting good pictures!
Depending on my lighting, it changes the look of the woodgrain when I take pictures. I truly want you to see the beauty of the woodgrain! This DSP pack has other woodgrain as well. Be sure to check out ALL the designs by clicking on this product in the table below! Here are some other project examples from the current 2021-2022 Annual Catalog. I can’t wait to create more cards with the Days To Remember stamp set or other projects using calendars!
- Basic White Thick | 8-1/2” X 5-1/2” Base – Scored at 4-1/4”
- Basic White 4” x 2-1/4” | Sentiment Die Cut
- DSP | 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ | Attach to card base | I use Multipurpose Liquid Glue (SEE TIP!)
- Cut ribbon at 6-1/4″ and 3″ for the knotted bow
- Add longer ribbon to front panel. (SEE TIP!)
- Die cut label
- Stamp the calendar using Momento Tuxedo Black onto to label | Use Acrylic Blocks | Create Mask (SEE TIP!)
- Stamp the flower or select a different image from stamp set.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, pop up the die cut label
- Add knotted ribbon with Mini Glue Dot
- Add embellishments
- Your done accept placing into an envelope! Click HERE for envelopes! (NOT in product table)
Tom Bow Multipurpose Liquid Glue is my favorite adhesive! It’s more forgiving when adding layers to a card. I also use Stampin’ Seal but I prefer the liquid glue, especially when my border around the panel is so tiny. It allows me to maneuver my panel exactly where it needs to be on my card base.
I used the Sunday through Monday stamp for the week days. This stamp set gives you two choices. You’ll have to create a mask using post it notes or even scotch tape. You can also use vellum, which I used first, but then I created a template from a Window Sheet so I could use it over and over! I will either create a video or better instructions to post this week! Fingers crossed!
Once you decide about where you want your long piece of ribbon to be placed, place the DSP face down on top of the ribbon. Add Stampin’ Seal to the side edges of the back side and fold the ribbon ends over onto the back. I also use my Take A Pick Tool and place two glue dots underneath the ribbon on the front side. One is underneath the label and the other one is on the other side of the bow.
BE SURE TO:
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 70% discount on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE AUGUST HOST CODE BX2XHCMZ when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! For orders of $35 or more in products (before shipping/taxes), you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
If you like what you’ve seen today, please leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
SNEEK PEEK ~ SEPTEMBER’S HAUNTS & HARVEST PAPER PUMPKIN KIT
Experience everything the autumn season has to offer with the Haunts & Harvest Paper Pumpkin Kit! This month’s kit includes enough supplies to create 12 treat boxes ~ 4 each of 3 designs. That means you can take your pick of apple, pumpkins, or jack-o-lantern treat boxes! Plus, the Paper Pumpkin box is designed to easily transform into a vintage wheelbarrow for you to display your harvest!
Whether you’re thinking about crisp red apples or you’re ready to carve some spooky jack-o-lanterns (or both!), the Haunts & Harvest Paper Pumpkin Kit is designed in a vivid fall palette and is a hands-on crafting experience for all autumn lovers! For more information on Paper Pumpkin, click HERE!
KITS COLLECTION BY STAMPIN’ UP! ® ~ ONLINE ONLY!
I’m excited to share with you a new line of creative products called the Kits Collection by Stampin’ Up! These kits have taken the guess work out of creativity and done the hard parts so you get to do the fun stuff, CRAFT! Each kit is all-inclusive and includes the predesigned projects, preprinted pieces, and even the adhesives you need to complete the projects. Some kits the stamping is done for you! Kits are great for the beginning crafter but even avid crafters love these kits! This is NOT a subscription and has a low price point. These kits also make great gifts!
KITS COLLECTION ONLINE ONLY! There’s a wide variety of kits for all different occasions and new kits are being added regularly. You can shop the current selection HERE! Pick the kit that’s right for you. Kits are available only while supplies last!