I LOVE creating cards utilizing inspiration from card challenge sites. My card today is inspired by a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and Festive Friday. PLEASE be sure to click the images below to visit the current card challenges! I knew I wanted to play with some patterns from the Pattern Party 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper (HOST ITEM!). I love all the different patterns with beautiful colors and one side and black and white on the reverse sides. There are 48 sheets of 12 double-sided designs! You can EARN this HOST ITEM by hosting a party or purchasing $150 minimum in products only (before tax/shipping). Just thought I’d explain how you can get your hands on this DSP!
I started with the sketch for my inspiration then I reviewed the INSPO LIST that is provided by Festive Friday for their card challenge. The way I like to create is to have inspiration(s) and card challenge sites definitely provide a lot of inspiration. Then I decided on using Pattern Party DSP and selected 2 patterns then a coordinating cardstock. I truly didn’t know exactly what I would end up creating but I’m very pleased with the outcome. I really had fun creating this card! Plus I knew I had to add some pearls to make it extra special! Here’s a close up of the front panel. What do you think?
Inspiration from Card Challenge Sites:
- Basic White Cardstock | 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2 | Scored at 4-1/4″
- Pale Papaya Cardstock | 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ | Extra for sentiment label & butterfly dies
- Pattern Party DSP | 3-7/8″ x 5″
- Pattern Party DSP | 2-7/8″ x 3-3/4″
- Granny Apple Green Cardstock for butterfly dies
- Adhere panels to Basic White card base* (See Tips!)
- Stamp sentiment in Granny Apple Green on Pale Papaya cardstock | Acrylic Block G or Stamparatus
- Die cut sentiment label* and butterflies
- Adhere sentiment label with Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop it up
- Use adhesive* to secure intricate die cut butterflies to solid die cut butterflies
- Adhere butterflies with Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop them up
- Add Pearls Basic Jewels last
- Add Extra protection! I place a 4″ x 5-1/4″ copy paper (or cheap white cardstock) in front card when placing inside envelope.
- I suggest using Non-Machineable Stamps* to mail this type of card.
Although I love the Stampin’ Seal and Stampin’ Seal+ adhesive, I LOVE TomBow Multipurpose Liquid Glue! It truly is my FAVORITE liquid glue! It allows me to be able to perfectly position my panels to the card base. I suggest using liquid glue a lot of times when adhering panels to card bases but I do use the other adhesives depending on what I’m doing. When I add a Basic White cardstock inside a solid colored card base, I’ll use the Stampin’ Seal. It’s really a personal choice to what adhesives you want to use when creating your cards.
Regarding the die cut label, I manipulated the die to get an ETRA LONG LABEL. You may need to play with this using scrap cardstock. Don’t run the entire die through your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (I still refer to it as the Big Shot!). Then reposition the die to get the extension but remember not to go all the way when running through once again. When you reposition the die, you’ll feel it when the cardstock fits into the little stitched grooves of the die. I hope this makes sense. I realize that a YouTube video would be most helpful here because if you are like me, you’re a visual learner as well.
When adhering the intricate die cut butterflies to the solid butterfly bases, I use liquid glue JUST underneath the body of the butterflies. That way the intricate wings can be free to fly!
Non-Machineable Stamps are just a bit more in price but it will ensure your card will make it through the mail without incident! Believe me, I’ve had a couple of cards come back to me in pieces but that was before I knew what to do to make sure this doesn’t happen.
Another Version of My Card
I made another version of my card but this time I only used one butterfly and I DID NOT MANIPULATE the label die cut to do the sentiment label. I wanted you to see that you can do the sentiment label another way in case you don’t want to mess with manipulating the die to get the longer version. It truly works both ways!
Be Sure To:
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 70% discount on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE SEPTEMBER HOST CODE EEVZS2X4 when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
- DON’T FORGET it’s Sale-A-Bration time! See details BELOW!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! For orders of $35 or more in products (before shipping/taxes), you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
If you like what you’ve seen today, please leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
8 thoughts on “Brilliant Butterfly Wings | FMS502 & FF0092”
That’s really pretty, love the color combination! I always go for the less bright shades of green but the granny apple looks so nice. Thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday!
Thanks Melanie! It’s different plus it’s not the colors I would normally choose but I decided on these two prints of DSP for the sketch and just went from there with the items selected from the INSPO LIST. It’s much prettier in person!
I love your sweet butterflies on that cheerful paper! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.
Thank you Kim! Pattern Party DSP has a lot of “cheerful paper” designs so maybe that’s why Stampin’ Up! named it Pattern Party. LOL! ! BTW, I love the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!
What a sweet card! Love the pretty DSP and those beautiful butterflies! Great sentiment as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!
Thank you Jen! I loved creating my card using your sketch this week! I look forward to the next sketch at FMS. 🙂
This is super cute Tonya! I love the DSP you chose and the layout is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us again at Festive Friday Challenge 🙂 Hope to see you again soon!
Hi Beth! Thank you so much for your SWEET comment! I LOVE participating in Festive Friday’s card challenges! 🙂