Who doesn’t love clean and simple cards?! My card today was inspired by Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #587, LITERALLY! LOL! I took the Jen’s sketch and colors to heart to create my card. I love using challenge inspirations to get my creativity process going when making a card. Be sure to check out Freshly Made Sketches Challenge blog!
Putting It All Together
I punched out some circles from scrap paper that measured 5-1/4″ x 4″. The circle sizes are 2-1/2″, 2″, and 1-1/4″. I used them as templates over my Basic White panel. Using the larger of the 2 sizes of the Stampin’ Up! Blending Brushes gave plenty of coverage. This is my second time using the blending brushes. There is a bit of a learning curve, but practice makes perfect! I used ink pads Melon Mambo, Pretty Peacock and Smoky Slate for my circles.
Giving some texture to this card gives it some dimension. I used Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder (retired but you can use an embossing folder with any texture) on the card panel and popped it up with Stampin’ Dimensionals on Basic White card base. I stamped the sentiment “YOU MADE MY DAY” in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Basic White cardstock and used Sending Dies (coordinates with Sending Smiles Photopolymer Stamp Set) for the sentiment label. The sentiment is popped up with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I thought about putting some type of embellishment onto my card but then I really like it just the way it is! What do you think about my Clean and Simple (CAS) card?
- Basic White Card Base – 8-½” x 5-½“ | Score 4-¼”
- Basic White panel – 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Basic White scrap for sentiment label – see above image
Note: If you don’t see the Product Table in your email, visit my blog!
Be Sure To . . .
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel! Not much on there but hey . . . it’s a start!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for awesome discounts on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE MAY HOST CODE 4RXMEETJ when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149.99 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! For orders of $35 or more in products (before shipping/taxes), you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!