I had SO MUCH FUN creating this card for my granddaughter, Theä! The stamp set is called A Grand Kid. When it came out, I knew I had to have it. The sentiment BEST.GRANDKID.EVER. is stamped inside (see image of stamp set below) but after I stamp ‘WE MUST BE RELATED!’. LOL! I know Theä will love it. By the way, she is everything as stated on the card! I’m not biased! LOL! My card was INSPIRED by two card challenges: Festive Friday & Freshly Made Sketches I LOVE how my card turned out! I’m so thankful to have inspiration when creating a card. Be sure to check out both of these card challenge sites!
Below is a CLOSEUP of my ‘Balloon Flowers’ to show how I made the petals SHINE with Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush. I added Epoxy Embellishments to the center of the Daisy Lane flowers (Daisy Lane Cling Stamp Set & Medium Daisy Punch).
My card started with the #FMS504 sketch. I turned my slimline card on its side for this challenge. I find having a sketch to go by or coming up with one myself is usually a great starting point when creating cards.
I also pulled inspiration from the #FF0093 card challenge using the following from the INSPO LIST: Flower Shaped Balloons, Stripes, Shiny, and Epoxy Embellishments
Inspiration from Card Challenge Sites:
- Basic White Card Base | 9″ x 7-1/2″ | Scored at 3-3/4″ (I used Thick Basic White Cardstock)
- Pattern Party DSP | 1″ x 9″
- Crushed Curry Cardstock | 3/8″ x 9″
- Basic White Cardstock for Daisy Flowers
- Adhere the Pattern Party DSP and Crushed Curry Cardstock | Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Stamp sentiment to card front with Memento Tuxedo Black | I used the Stamparatus!
- Stamp Daisy Flowers onto Basic White Cardstock | Crushed Curry, Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamingo
- Punch out flowers with Medium Daisy Punch
- POP UP FIRST flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals | Draw balloon line
- POP UP SECOND flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals | Draw balloon line
- POP UP THIRD flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals | Draw balloon line
- Add Epoxy Embellishments
- Apply Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush to the flower petals and around the embellishments
- I suggest using a NON-Machineable Surcharge Stamp due to the thickness of the card
Be Sure To:
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 70% discount on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE SEPTEMBER HOST CODE EEVZS2X4 when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
- DON’T FORGET it’s Sale-A-Bration time! See details BELOW!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! For orders of $35 or more in products (before shipping/taxes), you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
If you like what you’ve seen today, please leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
For every $50 and $100 you spend, you’ll earn an exclusive Sale-A-Bration item for free! Depending on the amount you spend, you’ll be able to mix ‘n’ match the Sale-A-Bration items you earn. To see the FREE PRODUCTS click HERE!