I’ve really been INSPIRED lately but it’s all due to the inspiration from several card challenge sites that I follow! I needed to make a birthday card for my SIL, Paula Denton, and this is what I created for her. I LOVE IT! It’s simple but still has a few special touches, which is the ADDED EMBELLISHMENTS to the center of each sunflower PLUS I EMBOSSED the Happy Birthday sentiment. The inspiration for my card was from Freshly Made Sketches and Global Design Project. Be sure to check out both links to see all the other great cards!
My card started with the #FMS503 sketch. I love the simplicity of this sketch! I find having a sketch to go by or coming up with one myself is usually a great starting point when creating cards.
I pulled in the inspiration from the #GDP309 card challenge which was to use the colors: BLACK, WHITE, ANY COLOR (CRUSHED CURRY).
Inspiration from Card Challenge Sites:
Another Version of My Card
If you don’t have embellishments, no problem! This is what the card looks like without them. Remember you can make cards as simple as you want or step them up just by adding something as simple as embellishments.
- Thick Basic White Cardstock | 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2 | Scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic Black Cardstock | 3-3/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Pattern Party DSP | 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Crushed Curry Cardstock | 2″ strip to stamp multiple images
- Basic Black Cardstock | 1-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ | Sentiment Label Die Cut
- Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue | Adhere panels to card base
- Stamp images using Momento Tuxedo Black onto Crushed Curry CS
- Die cut sunflowers with coordinating dies
- Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue | Adhere 2 sunflowers & POP UP middle sunflower with Stampin’ Dimensional’s
- Stamp sentiment onto Basic Black Cardstock with VersaMark
- Add Stampin’ Emboss Powder (White) and set with Heat Tool. LOVE THIS TECHNIQUE!
- Die cut the sentiment label | OR you can hand cut a label
- Use one Stampin’ Dimensional on one end of label and liquid glue on the other.
- Add embellishments | Matte Black Dots (Disclosure: I used retired Candy Dots)
Be Sure To:
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 70% discount on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE SEPTEMBER HOST CODE EEVZS2X4 when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
- DON’T FORGET it’s Sale-A-Bration time! See details BELOW!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! For orders of $35 or more in products (before shipping/taxes), you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
If you like what you’ve seen today, please leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
For every $50 and $100 you spend, you’ll earn an exclusive Sale-A-Bration item for free! Depending on the amount you spend, you’ll be able to mix ‘n’ match the Sale-A-Bration items you earn. To see the FREE PRODUCTS click HERE!