I’m back today showcasing this SWEET birthday card I made for our daughter, Tenaya (If you are reading this, Happy Birthday Babe! Dad and I love you!) I chose these colors for a couple of reasons. One, she likes black with pops of color. Two, the colors are part of a card challenge. Speaking of card challenges, my card was inspired by two card challenges: Sunday Stamps and TGIF Challenge. This will be my first time to participate with these card challenge sites. I had fun creating Tenaya’s card! It’s simple with a bit of sparkle! That is where the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush makes its debut! I love this stuff! NOTICE that I ONLY used the Wink of Stella on the solid colored cardstock for the Daisies. I stamped the Daisies onto Basic White cardstock and coordinating solid colored cardstock and layered them together. I like how it turned out! Here is a close up . . .
Inspiration from Card Challenge Sites:
Please be sure to visit each of the challenge sites to see the other great cards that are created using the inspiration provided! Inspiration comes from many places but I really like to participate in card challenges when I’m able to do so. Stampin’ Up!’s catalogs have TONS OF INSPIRATION as well! You can also CASE (meaning Copy And Share Everything) from the catalog and from others. Remember to always give credit where credit is due if you CASE from a fellow card maker.
- Basic White Thick Card Base | 8-1/2” X 5-1/2” | Scored at 4-1/4”
- Basic White 4” x 2-1/4” | Sentiment Die Cut
- Pumpkin Pie cardstock for sentiment
- Basic White cardstock for Daisies
- Pattern Party DSP | 3 pieces @ 1” x 4-1/4” See TIPS!
- Stamp the Daisies onto Basic White cardstock using the different ink colors | Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry
- Stamp the Daisies onto their coordinating colored cardstock.
- Punch Daisies out using the Daisy and Medium Daisy Punches.
- Layer the Daises placing the solid colored on top and adhere together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue See TIPS!
- Apply Wink of Stella Clear Glitter to solid colored daisy petals and allow to dry
- Place the 3 pieces of Pattern Party DSP onto card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Die cut the larger sentiment label.
- Create sentiment label using Moment Tuxedo Black for both sentiments. See TIPS!
- Stamp sentiment onto Pumpkin Pie cardstock, then die cut
- Adhere the two larger Daises to card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Pop up the large sentiment label with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Pop up the long rectangle Pumpkin Pie sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Layer 2 Stampin’ Dimensionals underneath the medium Daisies and adhere to card.
- Add Extra protection! I place a 4″ x 5-1/4″ copy paper (or cheap white cardstock) in front card when placing inside envelope.
- I suggest using Non-Machineable Postage Stamps to mail this type of card due to the thickness. See TIPS!
Stamparatus VS Clear Blocks: This could be personal choice and/or it depends on what you are stamping and/or your project. Stamparatus allows for precision stamping! Once I stamp the image and decide that I don’t have enough ink coverage, I can re-ink the stamp and stamp the image once again. The Stamparatus is also great when making multiple cards of the same design at one time and especially for mass producing! i.e. Christmas cards
Black & White Striped DSP: Be sure to eyeball the stripes on the Black & White Striped Pattern Party DSP to see how you want to cut it for uniformity of stripes between the 3 pieces. Adhere with Multipurpose Liquid Glue as it allows maneuverability. In other words, it’s more forgiving!
Daisies & Adhesives: Apply Multipurpose Liquid Glue in the CENTER portion of each larger Daisy when adhering together AND adhering to the card base. The Medium Daisies will have double stacked Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Sentiment Label: Place die cut cardstock for Celebrate sentiment on Stamparatus. Place the die onto cardstock then place your stamp where you need it. Close the clear hinged plate to pick up the stamp while opening it back up. Remove the die and secure cardstock with a magnet. Ink up the stamp that is now on your clear hinged plate, close your hinged plate to stamp the image onto the cardstock. You can use Clear Blocks to stamp but I LOVE my Stamparatus!
Non-Machineable Postage Stamps: These USPS stamps are just a bit more in price but it will ensure your card will make it through the mail without incident! I only use these types of postage stamps when I know that my card is rather THICK and cannot go through the usual sorting machines. Believe me, I’ve had a couple of cards come back to me in pieces but that was before I knew what to do to make sure this doesn’t happen.
Be Sure To:
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe!
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 70% discount on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE SEPTEMBER HOST CODE EEVZS2X4 when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
- DON’T FORGET it’s Sale-A-Bration time! See details BELOW!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! For orders of $35 or more in products (before shipping/taxes), you’ll receive a THANK YOU GIFT!
If you like what you’ve seen today, please leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
For every $50 and $100 you spend, you’ll earn an exclusive Sale-A-Bration item for free! Depending on the amount you spend, you’ll be able to mix ‘n’ match the Sale-A-Bration items you earn. To see the FREE PRODUCTS click HERE!