Dragonflies have always been fun to watch. Some are more beautiful than others but nonetheless, they remind me of simpler times. Growing up and even as an adult, I have spent a LOT of time camping, boating, and waterskiing. Dragonflies were always part of the experience. Even at times while mowing in the summertime, there will be swarms of them following me. I’ve never been afraid of them but there are other winged things that I definitely don’t want in my personal space! LOL!
I LOVE the Dragonfly Garden Bundle which is what I used to create today’s card. The bundle consist of the Dragonfly Garden Cling Stamp Set and the Dragonflies Punch, which has BOTH a large and small dragonfly! Did you know that when you bundle, you save 10% off the price? I also used the Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. This paper pack has some really pretty prints to use for this time of the year! Click HERE to see each of the 12 double-sided designs, which includes 4 each in the pack for a total of 48 sheets.
I used the one sheet with the white background with the various sizes of pretty colored dragonflies (top row, fourth from the right end) for my dragonflies. I used the larger Dragonfly on the punch and punched out my dragonflies, which I then added Wink of Stella Clear Glitter to the wings to make them sparkle. I decided to add just a bit to the dragonfly’s body as well. I totally love that glitter brush! I just love how each dragonfly shimmers in the light!
I struggled with how I was going to do my layout but I decided on using a strip from the sheet that has the green vegetation and dragonflies (bottom row, third from the left). I decided on the Mossy Meadow, Calypso Coral, and Blackberry Bliss Dragonflies to pop on top of the three rectangle shaped pieces which coordinates with the Dragonflies as well. Those prints are part of Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper as well! I normally add any little trinkets but I couldn’t resist those little LadyBug Trinkets! They are SO CUTE!
I had two card challenges that inspired my card and I love how it turned out! After completing my card, I realized that I was missing an item! Let me just say that I’m going for the POLKA DOTS on the Lady Bugs at this point! TeeHee! This first challenge is with Festive Friday Challenge #FF0079 which you pick three items from the INSPO LIST. I chose INSECTS, GREEN & POLKA DOTS! Please visit their site to see many creative cards being made from the INSPO LIST below!
The other challenge is with Stampin’ Up! Only Challenges SUOC#270. Their challenge is called Sky High Theme: Anything That Flies. Visit their site to see more flying themed cards!
- Card Base: Basic White | 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ | Scored at 4-1/4″
- Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ DSP | vertical strip 1-1/2″ x 5-1/4″
- Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ DSP | 3 – 2″ x 1-1/4″ rectangle shapes
- Position the 3 rectangle shapes 3/8″ apart as well as from the bottom and top of the vertical strip.
- Glue the vertical strip to the card base
- Use Clear Block C or Stampin’ Up!’s Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment.
- Apply Wink of Stella Clear Glitter to the Dragonflies. Let dry. Adhere LAST with mini Glue Dots. Place one Glue Dot under head of Dragonfly and one towards end of the body when ready to attach. TIP: Before placing the Glue Dots, bend the wings upward on each side.
- Attach the Ladybug Trinkets with mini Glue Dots. TIP: Use the tip the Paper Snips to grab hold of the Ladybug Trinkets and place on top of glue dot. Use same method to place the Ladybug Trinkets on the card. Easy Peasy!
- If mailing this card with the trinkets, you may need to make it NONMACHINEABLE.
Click on the product(s) below for details and shop my online store!
BE SURE TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe.
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
- LIKE my Facebook Page!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 70% discount on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
- PLEASE USE MARCH HOST CODE CYMNN93N when placing your order BUT ONLY IF your order is $149 or less in products (not including shipping & taxes)! If your order is $150 or more (not including shipping & taxes), YOU EARN Stampin’ Rewards to spend!
I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! Receive a handmade card as a THANK YOU GIFT that you can either keep or use to send on to someone who needs to receive Happy Mail to brighten their day!
If you like what you’ve seen today, please leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, please contact me. Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!