Don’t you just LOVE my card?! I know my SWEET HUBBY will love it! Slim Line cards are all the rage these days so I jumped onto that band wagon! This is my very first Slim Line card and I’m sure it won’t be my last. I am tickled PETAL PINK how my card turned out! LOL! When I brainstorm a card design, I pick out a few things I know that I want to use. In this case it was the heart and the “Love you” stamp from the January 2021 Sending Hearts Paper Pumpkin Kit plus the left over heart embellishments. Do you see them inside the heart?
I used my last large heart embellishment under the sentiment, which is from the Tasteful Touches Cling Stamp Set. I LOVE the coordinating Tasteful Labels Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Dies. You can buy the stamp set and dies separately or buy them as a bundle and SAVE 10%.
I also knew that I wanted to use Poppy Parade and Petal Pink. January 2021 Sending Hearts Paper Pumpkin Kit included a Poppy Parade Stampin’ Spot and Petal Pink was one of the coordinating colors in the kit. I used the heart stamp for the focal image and to also create my own DSP (Designer Series Paper), which is so simple to do. I just stamped onto Petal Pink cardstock using the heart stamp. My card base is Poppy Parade. By the way, what do you think about how I did the ribbon? I struggled on how I was going to utilize ribbon as I don’t have a lot of current ribbon on hand. The only current white ribbon I have is Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon so that is what I used on my card. Then I had to figure out how I wanted to do the ribbon. I came up with loops! What do you think?!
Taking pictures of my cards are a real struggle as I fight for natural light! There are no windows in my Hobby Nook. Our home has a lot of windows but we sit at a diagonal of the sunrise and sunset.
I used a sentiment from Daisy Lane Cling Stamp Set on my inside panel. By the way, you can use other stamps such as the Always In My Heart Photopolymer Stamp Set for the focal heart image. You can see it in the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog #154337 page 12 $18.00. Check it out! You can download the catalog from the right side of my blog! Purchase $75 in product (before shipping/taxes) before the end of March and you’ll receive the NEW 2021-2022 Annual Catalog. Our current annual catalog ends May 3, 2021.
- Poppy Parade Base 7-1/2″ x 9″ | Score at 3-3/4″
- Basic White Panel 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Petal Pink Panel 1″ x 3-3/4″
- Basic White Inside Panel 8-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Heart images stamped in Petal Pink
- Sentiments stamped in Poppy Parade | Use Clear Blocks or Stamparatus for stamping.
- Add Embellishments
- Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon | 4-3/4″ strip dove tailed & enough to create 6 continuous loops. Tip: I just used a long strip of scotch tape to secure the loops on back of label. The I added the strip to go straight across.
- Pop up main sentiment die cut label with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Add panels using Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue. It’s more forgiving to situate the panels into place on the card base.
- I would love to know what you think about my Slim Line card! Please leave me a comment!
Click on the product(s) below for details and shop my online store!
DON’T FORGET THAT SALE-A-BRATION IS STILL GOING ON!
For every $50 and $100 you spend (before shipping & tax), you’ll earn an exclusive Sale-A-Bration (SAB) item for FREE! SAB ends February 28 so don’t wait! Shop my Online Store HERE to see all the SAB items!
BE SURE TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe.
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 70% discount on products!
- SUBSCRIBE to Paper Pumpkin HERE! It’s a GREAT WAY to build up your collection of stamps, inks and so much more to use on other projects!
If you have any questions, please contact me! Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!