I LOVE to make SIMPLE cards that have just a bit of WOW to them! I believe that anyone can create a card. If you are a beginner, you could definitely create this card. This is a super EASY card that even you can do! Using the Stamparatus tool truly makes projects like this go much quicker with precision stamping but you can also just use the Acrylic Clear Blocks.
Evidently I mailed my stepped up card that I used Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush to my dad without getting a picture of it before doing so! I don’t have time to replicate it at this point but you’ll see it in my video. The difference between these two cards, other than using 3 different colors, is that I added a coordinating card base to match the pond (or lake). It’s still a simple card with just a bit more appeal.
I’m still VERY NEW to doing videos so please bear with me when you are watching! After I’ve done a video and watch the replay, I am my own worse critic!
CARD MAKING DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Snow Front Photopolymer Stamp Set & Celebrate Sunflowers Cling Stamp Set
- Whisper White Thick 8-1/2” X 5-1/2” Base – Scored at 4-1/4” (NOW BASIC WHITE! SEE INFORMATION AT BOTTOM OF POST!)
- Ink Pads:
- Misty Moonlight – Pond (or Lake)
- Gray Granite – Upper Mountains
- Early Espresso – Deer
- Soft Suede – Sentiment for outside/inside
- Crumb Cake – Lower Mountains
- Shaded Spruce – Trees
- Cherry Cobbler – Little Bird
- Tools: Stamparatus (or use Acrylic Clear Blocks), Bone Folder, Stampin’ Trimmer, Simply Shammy
For the stepped up version(s), I added a coordinating cardstock for the base that matches the pond. I then decided to use Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush to add some glitter to the mountain for a snow effect. I also switched out the Misty Moonlight, Shaded Spruce, and Cherry Cobbler to Night of Navy, Mossy Meadow, and Merry Merlot. With doing that you might as well add on Sahara Sand, Smoky Slate, and Basic Gray and buy the Neutrals Classic Stampin’ Pad Bundle!
Just a Note: You can use regular Basic White Cardstock verses Thick when just doing a front panel on a colored cardstock base.
Click on the product(s) below for details and shop my online store!
OOPS! If you do the stepped up version then you’ll need an adhesive to adhere your front panel to your card base. Stampin’ Seal #152813 or TomBow Mulitpurpose Liquid Glue #110755. The TomBow glue is more forgiving which allows you to position certain items a bit easier into place. Either one will work great though!
BE SURE TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe.
- SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 70% discount on products!
If you have any questions, please contact me! Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!
NEW BASIC WHITE PRODUCTS
Whisper White is no longer available. Stampin’ Up!’s supplier’s mill permanently closed due to COVID-19 pandemic. The following Basic White products are now available for you and your customers! I’ve added a PDF flyer that you can download to use until the new Annual Catalog is released.
- BASIC WHITE 8-1/2″ X 11″ CARDSTOCK (159276)
- BASIC WHITE 8-1/2″ X 11″ THICK CARDSTOCK (159229)
- BASIC WHITE 12″ X 12″ CARDSTOCK (159231)
- BASIC WHITE MEDIUM ENVELOPES (159236)
- BASIC WHITE NOTE CARDS & ENVELOPES (159232)
- BASIC WHITE 3″ X 3″ ENVELOPES (159233)
- BASIC WHITE ASSORTED MEMORIES & MORE CARDS & ENVELOPES (159234)