It’s always hard to think about having to make a sympathy card when there has been a loss in ones family. My husband’s aunt recently lost her husband this past week. I believe they’ve been married over 50 years (if my memory serves me right). I had a card already picked out to send that I had made from a Paper Pumpkin Kit, which is a paper craft subscription offered through Stampin’ Up!. I’ll actually be sending that card to my husband’s aunt’s daughter-in-law who just lost her mother two days prior from the COVID-19 virus. You know the saying, “When it rains, it pours!” My heart just breaks for this family!
When making this card, I decided to use a card layout provided by the Paper Craft Crew over at www.papercraftcrew.com. I wasn’t going to participate in this challenge but I decided at the last minute to go ahead and do this post today. I made my card yesterday but I just didn’t have time to get my post done and schedule it to publish over night. So here I am today. Here is the layout called Vertical Sketch Challenge #PCC396:
CARD MAKING DETAILS
- Stamp Sets: Lovely You & Celebrate sSunflower Cling Stamp Sets
- Base – Misty Moonlight 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″; Scored at 4-1/4″
- Front Panel – Whisper White 4″ x 5-1/4″; Embossed
- 2 Panels 6″ x 6″ DSP Flowers For Every Season – 3″ x 4-1/4″ each
- WW (2″ x 5/8″) & Misty Moonlight (2-5/8″ x 3/4″) for punch/die pieces
- See Product Table for other items used
I stamped the smaller sunflower twice with my Bumblebee ink pad using the Stamparatus. Before stamping it for the second time for another flower, I wiped the leaves off and used Just Jade Stampin’ Write Marker on the leaves and stamped it once more. I ended up using the Bermuda Bay LT to then color the leaves in which really blended well with the DSP leaves.
I used Bumblebee Stampin’ Write Marker to add color to the flowers in the outer center of the flowers. Then I used the Daffodil Delight DK/LT Stampin’ Blends on out from there to add more color to the flowers. I replicated the center of the sunflowers from the DSP by using the Bronze and Ivory Stampin’ Blends.
For the label, cut 2-5/8” x ¾” Misty Moonlight then add your WW label, which is 2” x 5/8”. Stamp the sentiment using Misty Moonlight ink pad. I actually stamped the sentiment before cutting. I then popped it up with three Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. TIP: I cut another WW label to adhere another layer to the back of the sentiment label to add a bit more depth.
Click on the product(s) below for details and shop my online store!
• I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! Receive a handmade card as a THANK YOU gift that you can either keep or use to send on to someone who needs to receive Happy Mail to brighten their day!
• Please SUBSCRIBE to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe.
• When ordering PLEASE USE my October Host Code EPVDPAU6! Don’t forget to check out the Clearance Rack before submitting your order! You’ll never know what you may find and at a great price!
QUICK LINKS FOR SAVINGS!
- SELECT DESIGNER SERIES PAPER SALE 1-31 October 2020
- There is NO LIMIT to how many packages of DSP you can purchase during this promotion!
- ONLY SELECT DSP are available at the 15% discount.
- Order must be placed and closed during the promotion period (1-31 October) for the 15% discount.
- DSP can be ordered as part of a Starter Kit at 15% discount.
- DSP can be purchased at 15% discount with qualifying Stampin’ Rewards.
- Check out the CLEARANCE RACK for up to 60% savings!
If you have any questions, please contact me! I appreciate any and all comments but remember to always be kind when critiquing! I would love some SWEET comments! Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!