Who doesn’t LOVE sunflowers in the summertime?! When the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog (AC) was released back in June, I immediately knew that I had to have this Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp Set and coordinating die set.
I absolutely LOVE the coordinating die set, Sunflowers Dies! I am really pleased how my card turned out. It’s a simple layout yet it has layers and texture to give it a bit more of a WOW factor. I made this card as a birthday card for my daughter as well as a dear relative on my husband’s side of the family who reached a major milestone of 75 years old. I plan on making a few more of these sunflower cards!
Also I LOVE the NEW 2020-2022 In Colors that was introduced in the new AC. I think they are my most favorite set of In Colors to date! The new In Colors are: Cinnamon Cider, Just Jade, Bumble Bee, Magenta Madness, and Misty Moonlight
CARD MAKING DETAILS
- Card Base is Whisper White 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ (Scored at 4-1/4″)
- Flower For Every Season DSP (Designers Series Paper) 2″ x 4-1/4″; adhere to card base with your choice of adhesive (Stampin’ Seal or Tom Bow Multipurpose Glue)
- 2020-2020 In Color DSP Bumblebee CS (cardstock) 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″; bottom layer of sunflower
- 2020-2022 In Color Bumblebee 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″; top layer of sunflower
- 2020-2022 In Color DSB Cinnamon Cider 1″ x 1″; center of sunflower
- 2020-2022 In Color Just Jade; top and bottom layers for the leaves
Die cut the layers for the sunflower. Use the Silicon Mat and place a huge dot of liquid Tom Bow glue on the mat. Take the sponge and quarter it with scissors. Dab it in the glue then on the back side of the detailed top layer die cut (the solid Bumblebee cardstock), you’ll dab it all over the back and then adhere it to the solid sunflower base (DSP Bumblebee cardstock). You could use the Fine Tip Glue Pen (AC page 162 #138309 $7.00). I find it easier to do it with the Silicon Mat and Tom Bow Multipurpose Glue. Do this step with the leaves as well. Before adhering the sunflower and leaves, stamp the sentiment using Cinnamon Cider. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up the sunflower.
- Once the glue dries on the Silicone Mat, it comes right off! Stamp two leaves on Just Jade cardstock, then die cut two of them.
- Die cut one solid stamped leaf and one detailed leaf die at same time, then repeat.
- That sponge you used to dab in the glue, keep that in a small air tight container. A little rubbermaid container will do! Then it’s ready to use again when you are needing to glue down detailed or intricate dies!
Click on the product(s) below for details and shop my online store!
• I truly appreciate each and every order from my customers! Receive a handmade card as a THANK YOU gift that you can either keep or use to send on to someone who needs to receive Happy Mail to brighten their day!
• Please subscribe to my So Inking Sweet Blog and you’ll be notified via email when I have a new post. Don’t worry, your information will remain private and safe.
• When ordering PLEASE USE my September Host Code! Don’t forget to check out the Clearance Rack before submitting your order! You’ll never know what you may find and at a great price!
If you have any questions, please contact me! I appreciate any and all comments but remember to always be kind when critiquing! I would love some SWEET comments! Until next time, have a Beautiful & Blessed Day!